Elderflower lemonade recipe
Posted On juni 10, 2019
Elderflowers have many different culinary uses from drinks to
deserts, and if you like foraging, you cannot miss them.
Here is the recipe for a delicious drink for the whole family:
- 5 l of water
- 6 large elderflowers
- 250 gr/ 300 gr of sugar (white or brown).
- 2 medium lemons
- Wash gently the flowers in cold water.
- In a 5 liter bowl or jar mix the water with sugar (if you want it sweeter you can add more) and the juice of one lemon. Cut the other lemon into slices and add them, too. Stir till sugar is dissolved.
- Add the flowers and stir a little bit more.
- Cover the bowl with a lid and leave it in the kitchen (preferably in a sunny spot) for 2 – 3 days.
- After that, filter the juice, put it in bottles, and keep it in the refrigerator
PS: If you want, you can replace sugar with honey (add, stir and,
taste it and decide how sweet you want it).