Åhaven’s gardening rules
1) Grow your plants in the raised beds and only harvest and eat from plants in the raised beds.
2) Put only plant material grown in the raised beds into the compost box.
3) Remove leaves, sticks or other plant material coming down from the surrounding trees from your raised beds, especially in spring and autumn. For example, the flowers from the willow tree fall down around May and these must be removed from the beds. Do not put this plant material into the compost box!
4) Do not dig into the soil and keep the grass layer intact.
5) After cutting the grass, do not put the cut grass into the compost box.
These rules are important, because Åhaven is located in an area with lightly polluted ground that is covered with 30 cm of clean soil.